Wednesday, September 07, 2011

DON's Deal: Meet Tamale


Last week I was going about my daily routine, waiting for the staff to bring Cholula out to me at doggie daycare, when I locked eyes on a new face on the rescue group wall.

It all happened so fast. The next day a meet and greet happened, then I fostered her all weekend. Yesterday I signed the paperwork for Lula's new sister, Hot Tamale. We're calling her Tally unless she's naughty, then she gets the full name treatment like her sister. A very sporadic, happy little gamble she's been. Tally is a Carin Terrier mix and clocks in at 17 lbs with long wiry fur that is a pretty reddish orange color. She wants to cuddle about 90% of the time and run around after Cholula the other 10% percent.

 She may not run on the treadmill like Lu, but she's still an LA dog. Here's Tally supervising my highlights.
Gotta work on my couch manners.
But I sure do like my sister and want to lean against her at all times.

If you are thinking about getting a pet, please consider adoption! Think of the tax write-offs, the lives saved, of stopping Sarah McLaughlin from singing to you in those horrible commercials.  It will be one of the most rewarding things you ever do, I guarantee it. Just look at my little nugglets!

Love,
D.O.N., Cholula, and Tally 

Related Posts with Thumbnails